This recipe is a staple and has many uses. You can use it as a spread, a dip, a sandwich filling, or bake it as a dairy-free ‘cheesy’ topping on a pizza or lasagne. Absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup water
- 3 heaped teaspoons arrowroot or pure cornflour
- 1 and half cups raw cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan (unrefined pink salt)
- Place nuts in food processor and blend until fine.
- Place cold water in saucepan on stove. Add arrowroot and whisk while it is coming to the boil. This makes a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the arrowroot paste to the food processor with the ground nuts, salt and paprika. Blend.
Note: Himalayan salt it available from health shops. It has not been bleached and is actually good for you because it is full of minerals.