- 2 cups nuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, or a combination
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (e.g. millet flour, quinoa flour, buckwheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminium free)
- 1 cup coconut (free of preservative 220)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or organic butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 cup natural dried fruit (free of preservative 220)
1. Grind nuts / seeds in a food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Place dried fruit in a saucepan with 1/2 cup water, honey and coconut oil/butter. Bring to boil then turn off heat. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix the ground nuts, seeds, gluten-free flour and coconut.
4. Add chopped apple and the warm dried fruit mixture. Mix.
5. Now add a little more water – just enough to make the mixture hold together.
6. Spread out into an oven-proof rectangular dish. The mixture should be about 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.